Nelson Markesbery Moving & Storage offers quality moving plans designed to make moving seamless and worry-free, but we don’t want you to take our word for it. We want to encourage Cincinnati residents to make informed decisions about their movers, and we hope this step-by-step guide is going to help.
Step 1: Evaluate Your Needs, Special Services and All
The first thing you should do is figure out what kind of moving services you’ll need. This can be tricky if you’re unfamiliar with moving, so be weary of underestimating your needs. If you have:
- expensive items you’d like to insure
- a car you want to relocate over a long distance
- or antiques that require special protection
Then opt for a moving company that offers these and more. Our professional mover does, and we believe that these services are essential offerings for a serious professional mover.
Step 2: Find The Right Industry Credentials
The right industry credentials can be great indicators of quality, and more importantly of security. New and unqualified moving services have high rates of scams, damaged or missing items, and damaged property.
Make sure your prospective Cincinnati movers meet these minimum credentials:
- length of industry experience (the more experienced the better)
- Status with the Better Business Bureau (shoot for an A+ rating like ours)
- Pricing program (free, up-front quotes are always best)
- ProMover status with the American Moving & Storage Association
- Affiliation with a national van line or moving network (we’re with Allied Van Lines)
Step 3: Explore Your Mover’s Local Reputation
The most important factor when it comes to finding a quality mover is listening to what your neighbors have to say. Industry credentials are nice, but only first-hand reviews can give you a true idea of the quality of your moving experience.
We’re proud of our reviews
like this one and keep them online for all our new customers to see:
"...They were friendly, careful and worked hard to get everything packed up and then placed just right. Have never felt so comfortable with a moving company. Plus, the price was great too!..." –Elizabeth H.