It’s that time of year again. Time to take your classic sports vehicle out of the driveway and into storage.
With vehicle storage services, your suave-looking, Mustang, Porsche, or Camaro can be protected from notoriously cold Cincinnati winters.
By the time April comes around again, your car is taken out in pristine condition, ready to be driven and enjoyed.
Nelson Markesbery Moving & Storage in Cincinnati, Ohio explains the three unique benefits of long-term vehicle storage.
1. Reduces the risk of theft or tampering
Unlike parking your car near the sidewalk of your home or in a yard, there’s little to no risk that your vehicle will be tampered with.
- 24/7 security camera surveillance
- Durable, high-grade locks
- Advanced sensor security technology
With rising rates of vehicle theft in the Tri-State Area, ensuring your vehicle stays safe is a worthwhile investment.
2. Climate-controlled weather protection all year long
Climate-controlled storage means your vehicle is protected from the elements all year long. Various car components and metals are kept at room temperature — avoiding extreme temp changes — to preserve the lifespan of your parts.
Your vehicle has total protection against the destructive effects of moisture buildup and chemical buildup. The storage area is kept dust-free and carbon-monoxide-free.
3. Additional protection from accidents and elements
Your garage or driveway doesn’t have the same structural protection offered by a reputable car storage facility, or technologically-advanced storage warehouse.
Even some light hail or storms could put a dent in your vehicle.
With a state-of-the-art storage facility, all that can be avoided.
Not only that, but with more garage space, you can more easily store your primary commuter car or start working on hobbies and projects during the winter months.
Car Storage FAQs
Do I need vehicle storage services?
There are several factors to consider before you store your car off-site:
- Classic or Exotic Car: Your prized possession needs to be stored safely.
- New Car: You need a safe place to store your old car for more space.
- Before Selling: Before your sale finalizes, put your car in a safe spot.
- Vacation: You need to go on a vacation. In that case, get short-term storage.
How do I choose the best vehicle storage facility?
- How much does it cost?
- Is it secure, convenient, and safe?
- Are there specific hours that you can access your car?
- What kind of service environment is it being stored in?
How do I prepare my car for storage?
- Update your vehicle’s paperwork (keep digital and hard copies).
- Clean and declutter the vehicle.
- Service the engine and change the fluids (if necessary).
- Inflate your tires before storage (they deflate as they sit).
- Invest in a car cover to keep dust off the body paint.
- Check to make sure your vehicle is insured.
Choose Vehicle Storage in Cincinnati, Ohio
If you have a sports car, boat, ATV, or van that needs a place to stay for the fall or winter, our warehouse offers the perfect spot.